Oct 15, 2014

Dangers of connected devices

I am so exited about wearable technology, connected devices and all this - but sometimes also a bit scared. As always, legislation struggles to keep up with innovation pace and technology development. This may lead to companies behaving in a way that they exploit anything the legal 'grey zones' allow them to, in this case (link below) it is about Nintendo and its Wii U and some auto loan/rental companies. Good thing there's institutions like the EFF, which I will continue to support, even if I am in Germany and we have similar organizations - but in the digital world, lobbying for citizen and customer rights in the US probably has more impact on my daily life than lobbying at home. Another reason why legislation has to be faster and more adaptive. Especially in a world where products that I buy can be remotely controlled because they are connected with the web.